Effective as of March 14, 2017
What information does the Application collect and how is it used?
User Provided Information and Automatically Collected information:
- Account Identifier: A user account is created when you first use the Application from your inputting of an email account, a username and password. You do not need to provide a telephone number to use the Application.
- Your Content and Usage: We store for a reasonable time any content you publish to the Application, including or referring to notes, messages, action items, likes, screen views, as well as information about the time you submitted the content or performed any activity, when it was viewed by other users, and any related activities.
- Other Information: We may automatically collect other information, including access time, device ID, device type, application version, IP address, your activities on the Application while accessing the Services, the length of time you are logged in, and time zone ("Automatically Collected Information”). If you provide it to us, we may collect and store your zip code, but will never share it with anyone else and will use it only for the purpose of alerting you to action items or events in or reasonably close to your location.
We will use User Provided Information and Automatically Collected Information to provide the Services and operate the Application, respond to user requests, customize information, alerts or advertising, and prevent spam or other activity prohibited on the Application or any other unauthorized or illegal activity.
We may also use User Provided Information to contact you from time to time to provide you with important information, updates, required notices, and marketing promotions.
Does the Application collect precise real time location information of the device?
Do third parties see and/or have access to information obtained by the Application?
Yes. However, we will share your information with third parties only as described in this Policy. We may disclose User Provided Information and Automatically Collected Information:
- as required by law, such as to comply with a court order, subpoena or similar legal process, or as required by governmental law enforcement requests;
- to third party service providers working on our behalf, who have agreed to adhere to the terms of this Policy;
- to advertisers and third party advertising networks and web analytics companies as described below;
- if Stand Up Tech, LLC is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a substantial portion of its assets, in which case you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of this information, as well as any choices you may have regarding the information.
Automatic Data Collection and Advertising
We may work with third party web analytics companies to help us understand how the Application is being used, such as the frequency and duration of usage. We may work with advertisers and third party advertising networks, who need to know how you interact with advertising provided in the Application. Advertisers and advertising networks use some of the information collected by the Application, including, but not limited to, the zip code to which your account is assigned. To protect the anonymity of this information, we DO NOT release any email addresses of our users to advertisers. If you’d like to opt-out from third party use of this type of information to help serve targeted advertising, please visit the section entitled “Opt-out” below.
During your use of the Services, we may display advertisements to you, the selection of which may be related to the college you have selected in your settings.
Advertisements may contain links to third party sites. We are not responsible for any third party site that you may access or its content, and any such access or use is not governed by this Policy but will be governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites.
What are my opt-out rights?
Opt-out of all information collection by uninstalling the Application: You can stop all ongoing collection of information by the Application by uninstalling the Application. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network. You can also request to opt-out by sending an email request to email@example.com.
Data Retention Policy, Managing Your Information
We may retain User Provided Information for as long as you use the Application and for a reasonable time thereafter. We may retain Automatically Collected Information for up to 24 months and thereafter may store it in aggregate. If you’d like us to delete User Provided Information provided via the Application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that our access to some or all of the User Provided Information may be required in order for the Application to function properly.
You must be at least 18 years of age to use the Services. If you are not 18 or over, please do not use our Services or provide any information to us. We do not use the Application to knowingly solicit information from or direct any third party advertising to minors under the age of 18. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child under the age of 18 has provided us with information, he or she should contact us at email@example.com. We will permanently delete such information from our files. If we discover that a minor under the age of 18 has provided us with information, we will permanently delete such information from our systems.
We are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your information. We provide reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect information we process and maintain. For example, we limit access to this information to authorized employees and contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Application. Although we endeavor to provide reasonable security for user information we process and maintain, please be aware that no security system can prevent all potential security breaches and we are not guaranteeing the security of your information against such potential breaches.
Changes to the Policy
This Policy may be updated or amended from time to time for any reason. We will notify you of any changes to the Policy by posting the new Policy here and informing you via email. The effective date of any changes will be posted at the beginning of the Policy. You are advised to consult this Policy regularly for any changes, as your continued use is deemed approval of the Policy as updated or amended. You can check the history of this Policy by clicking here.
By using the Application, you are consenting to our collection and processing of your information as set forth in this Policy, as may be amended from time to time. “Processing” means using cookies on a computer/hand held device or using or storing information in any way, including, but not limited to, collecting, storing, deleting, using, combining and disclosing information, all of which activities will take place in the United States. If you reside outside the United States your information will be transferred, processed and stored in the United States, subject to United States privacy laws and standards, and by using the Application you consent to our doing so. Please be aware that United States privacy laws and standards may be different or not as comprehensive as the privacy laws and standards in the country in which you live.
If you have any questions regarding the Policy, or have other questions about our privacy practices, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.